Yield: One Gallon US
Beginning SG/PA: 1.090-1.095
2 lb Mountain Ash berries
7 pts water
Up to 2 lb sugar to measure a SG of 1.090 -1.095
1 tsp acid blend
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1 campden tablet, crushed
1 package wine yeast
- Use ripe, sweet berries, and if possible pick after the first frost.
- Remove the stems, rinse off and drain the berries.
- Put in a nylon straining bag, crush and squeeze the juice into primary.
- Keeping the fruit in the bag, tie the top and place in the fermentor with all the remaining ingredients exept for the yeast.
- After 24 hours add the yeast according to the directions on the package.
- Stir daily, squeezing the bag to extract more of the juice from the fruit.
- Rack after approx. five days and then again as necessary.
- Stabilize when the fermentation has complete.
- Add Sparkloid or any other desire clearing aid and bottle when desired.