Yield: One Gallon US
Beginning SG/PA: Not Provided
4 lbs. strawberries
2 lbs. sugar
1 gal. water
1/2 tsp. yeast nutrient
1/2 tsp. pectic enzyme
1/2 tsp. acid blend
1/4 tsp. grape tannin
1/4 tsp. potassium sorbate
1 tsp bentonite
1 pkg wine yeast
- Heat water to near boiling, add berries and crush.
- Cool and add all other ingredients Except the Potassium sorbate.
- Place in fermenter and proceed as with grape wine, breaking cap daily.
- Rack after a week and again 3 weeks later.
- Continue to ferment until clear and the PA reaches 0%.
- Add the Postassium Sorbate to stabilize and bottle as usual.
Creatively serving the Greater Binghamton area in the lovely Southern Tier of NY. www.foodwineartdesign.com
Colleen is a private caterer and personal chef, she also hosts the internet’s favorite resource for the home wine maker at www.homemadewine.net. Her blog and websites are viewed by thousands each day who enjoy her simply explained, illustrated and photographed recipes and helpful tips.