Yield: One Gallon US
Beginning SG/PA: Not Provided
3 1/2 lbs. raspberries
3 lbs. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. acid blend
1/2 tsp. grape tannin
1/2 tsp. pectic enzyme
1 tsp. yeast nutrient
2 campden tablets, crushed
1 pkg. wine yeast
- Mash berries into a primary fermentor.
- Add sufficient water to make 1 imperial gallon (1 1/4 US gallon).
- Add remaining ingredients except yeast.
- Let sit 24 hours.
- Add yeast.
- Ferment for 6 days.
- Strain and put in secondary fermentor.
- Rack in 3 weeks and again in 3 months.
- Clarify, stabilize, bottle and age as expected.
Creatively serving the Greater Binghamton area in the lovely Southern Tier of NY. www.foodwineartdesign.com
Colleen is a private caterer and personal chef, she also hosts the internet’s favorite resource for the home wine maker at www.homemadewine.net. Her blog and websites are viewed by thousands each day who enjoy her simply explained, illustrated and photographed recipes and helpful tips.