Yield: One Gallon US
Beginning SG/PA: Not Provided
4 lbs feijoas
2 tsp. pektolin
2 1/2 lbs. sugar
1 tsp. yeast nutrient
1 campden tablet, crushed
Water to make up to 1 gal.
1 pkg. white wine yeast
- Slice unpeeled feijoas and an place in primary fermenter.
- Add 6 pints water, pektolin and campden tablet.
- Cover and leave for 24 hrs.
- Add 1 lb. sugar and stir well.
- Add yeast and yeast nutrient.
- Leave two more days.
- Strain off liquid and add rest of sugar.
- Put into a gallon jar after initial fast fermentation.
- Top up jar with water.
- Attach airlock and leave until the ferment has completely stopped before bottling.
- Clarify, stabilize, bottle and age as you normally would.