Yield: Two Gallons US
Beginning SG/PA: Not Provided
6 pounds red grapes, any variety
3 red apples, such as Cameo
3 pounds sugar
1 pkg wine yeast
- Peel about two pounds of the grapes.
- Add them with other grapes and apples into your bucket or other container.
- Mash fruit thoroughly.
- Dissolve the sugar into 1 gallon of water and add to fruit.
- Add water if necessary to bring must up to appropriate PA level (such as 10%).
- Add yeast and loosely cover container for 7 to 10 days.
- Let the foam cap be your guide. When it slows a bit it’s time to filter.
- Filter the must and allow to ferment for a minimum of 3 weeks, 4 to 5 is better.
- Rack the wine and allow it to age for 4 months minimum, watch for signs of fermenting to end.
- Stabilize and bottle when clear.